How we started
Colonel Ebenezer N. Caternor and the wife, Yaa were active military officers in the Ghana Army. In August 1995, the Colonel was posted to the Ghana Embassy in Washington D.C. as Ghana’s Military Attache`, accredited to the U.S.A. and concurrently, the Defense Advisor accredited to Canada. In 1996, the Colonel was led by the Holy Spirit and enrolled in a “Distance Education” degree program at the Global University of the Assemblies of God in Missouri. He graduated in 2001 with a B.A. in Bible & Theology. He continued his education at Trinity Theological Seminary—Newburgh, Indiana for another two years, where he graduated in 2004, M.A. (Pastoral Ministry). Those years were not easy as the Colonel had to combine his military attaché` duties with his academic studies. Thank God he had a very supportive spouse in the person of Yaa Caternor.
In July 1998, the final year of their tour of duty at the Embassy, led by the Holy Spirit, the Colonel and Yaa started prayer meetings in the basement of their home in Maryland. By the first week in October of the same year, the number of participants increased to about twenty-five. The need to move out to a larger meeting place was obvious. The Colonel and his wife leased a new meeting place in an office complex on Linden Lane in Silver Spring, Maryland. The inaugural service was held on Sunday, 26th October 1998 to usher into existence “Miracle Temple Assembly of God.” The name Miracle Temple stands for the fact that many wonderful miracles will take place in the temple of the Most High God.
In 2005, Rev. Ebenezer Caternor was admitted at the same Seminary for a Ph.D. program. The following four years were hectic as Rev. Caternor combined his Ph.D. program with pastoral responsibilities. However, by the grace of God and a dint of hard work, the retired Colonel finally graduated in December 2008 with a Doctor of Philosophy degree in Religious Studies. God used the Caternor’s in a Divine Healing & Deliverance Ministry. Dr. Ebenezer Caternor and his wife, Rev. Yaa Caternor were both ordained ministers of the Assemblies of God.
In 2007 the church acquired a property at 1410 Alderton road in Silver Spring Maryland. A groundbreaking ceremony was held in 2011. It has been a long journey but we are here now. The address was changed to 1410 Woodwell road after the plan was altered to conform to Montgomery county permitting rules. Through the years we saw the church grow to measures beyond our imagination. We went through a few trials but the Lord has been good to us and is still prospering the church. As we continue to serve God’s people, we know that God will do exceedingly, abundantly above all that we can ask or think according to the power that worketh in us. So we would like to invite you to come and worship with us – a ministry of miracles, healing, integrity and growth.
Come grow with us!